Venetian Face Mask Cake

Well it took a few more hours than I had anticipated, but I finished the venetian cake mask which was ordered last week for Tuesday.  The customer's daughter was celebrating her 18th Birthday and wanted to give her a birthday cake with a venetian face mask on it.

She showed me an image of a mask, that was one of the choices that the daughter had made, and she would email me the others that evening.  Silly me gave a price thinking that the mask would be one of the other masks.....well guess what....it was going to be that one.



Live and learn, wait till the design has been finalised before quoting a price.  Anyway, so I was stuck with the price and ended up spending more hours on the mask than what I was going to get paid for.  That's life, I guess we sometimes have to learn the hard way.

But despite all that I thoroughly enjoyed making the mask.  It was great to try something new.  I would have loved to do more detail, but given the time and cost factor that wasn't going to be the case, nevertheless I was happy with the outcome.  I wasn't there when the customer picked up her cake, so I couldn't see her reaction to the cake, and I haven't heard back from the customer but I certainly hope they enjoyed it.

No comments: